Money is a key factor that keeps the world turning and since the coming of money, transfer apps in the market and the rate of online money transfers has increases exponentially.
According to information from the World Bank, the United States is the country that holds the record of the most number of money transfers in the world and is closely followed by Saudi Arabia and Switzerland.
Digital Payment apps such as Apple Pay offer convenience and security when used to pay for goods and services online.
Cash App on the other hand is a P2P payment app that lets users send and receive money to friends and relatives.
There are many users that use both Apple Pay and Cash App and knowing how to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App is crucial to managing their finances across both platforms.
Since Apple Pay does not allow you to link up a bank account to fund transfers and it is also limited to debit and credit cards issued by banks. You are able to indirectly transfer money from your Apple pay to your bank account and now from your Bank account to your Cash App wallet.
Many people often have doubts on if it is possible for one to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App? well the answer is yes cause you are able to do so even though not directly.
You can make money transfers from Apple Pay to Cash app and withdraw money with your cash app card. In order to better transfer money from Apple to Cash App, it is best to use Apple's instant money transfer services.
So in this article, I will show you how you can transfer your funds from Apple pay to cash app since there is no direct button that you can just click on in order to perform this action.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Apple Inc. that allows users to make payments in person, in iOS apps, and on the web using Safari. It is supported on the iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac.
Apple pay is actually a service from Apple which allows users to make payments from their mobile devices, funded by a link or debit card. Similarly, Cash app also allows you to send and receive money directly from the app.
It is not available on any client device that is not made and sold by Apple (in particular, it cannot be used on any Android device, nor on any browser running on Windows). It digitizes and can replace a credit or debit card chip and PIN transaction at a contactless-capable point-of-sale terminal. It does not require Apple Pay-specific contactless payment terminals; it can work with any merchant that accepts contactless payments.
What is Cash App?
The Cash App, developed by Block Inc. (formerly Square Inc.), competes with other mobile payment systems including Apple Pay, PayPal's Venmo, and Google Pay.
After creating and validating your Cash App account, you can use it to send money, pay bills, and, if one is available, withdraw cash from an ATM.
Cash App is more broadly accessible than Apple Pay because it is available on both the Play Store and the App Store. One of the best apps for persons without a social security number to transfer money is Cash App.
Can You Transfer Apple Pay Money to Cash App?
Yes, you can transfer Apple Pay money to Cash App but not directly.
Apple Pay does not allow you to link a bank account to make transfers and is only compatible with bank-issued debit and credit cards.
As a result, money can be sent indirectly through Apple Pay to your bank account and subsequently to your Cash App wallet.
How to Transfer Money From Apple Pay to Cash App
Here are the outline steps on how to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App.
- First, you will have to open Apple Pay and visit your card info
- From your card info, you can tap and click on the More button
- Click on the transfer to bank menu
- Then from here, you will prompted to enter the amount that you want to transfer from Apple Pay wallet, tap next when you enter the amount.
- Select instant transfer and your funds should transfer from Apple wallet to your linked debit card in 30 minutes.
- Once the funds are credited from Apple Pay wallet to your bank or card, Open the cash App on your phone
- Select the " My Cash" tab on the home screen of Cash app which is located at the bottom left side
- On the "My Cash" page, you can now select the Add cash option.
- Enter the amount in order to add your cash app balance
- Then click add at the bottom of the screen and make sure that you double click the amount since Cash App transfers instantaneously before you click on the Add button.
Do not forget that you need to first of all add it through the cash app and if it is currently in your wallet, you must remove it by going into cash, selecting it balance and click on your card, tap on add Apple to pay and then follow the steps above keenly.
For the users that have Cash app card, they are able to add cash app account to Apple Pay and the process is quite simple to the users.
Can I Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Bank Account?
If you want to know how to transfer money from your Apple Pay to Bank Account then, stay glued to this article as I am about to outline the steps that will allow you to perform this action. And this can go instantly or it might take within 1 to 3 business days.
- Locate your card info
- From your iPhone, Open the wallet >Apple Cash card > More button
- If you are using an iPad, - Settings app, >wallet&Apple Pay > Apple Cash vard
- Then select the option of Transfer to Bank
- Then Enter the amount you wish to transfer and click next
- Tap instant transfer or 1-3 business days depending on the one that suits you best
- Confirm the transaction with Face ID, Touch ID or Passcode
- You will have to wait for the funds to transfer
This step is actually a preliminary step to our main purpose, so when the the money is deposited into your bank account, you can now further use the funds to transfer it to your Cash App wallet.
There exist no fees for you to transfer your money from Apple Cash to your Bank account unless if you are using Instant transfer. Instant money transfer charges a fee of 1% deducted on the amount of each transfer.
- How to Transfer Money from Visa Gift Card to Bank Account
- Transfer Money from Greenlight Card to Bank Account [Complete Guide]
- How to Transfer Money From One Netspend Card to Another [Easy Methods]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From Visa Gift Card To Cash App
- How To Get Money Off Netspend Account Without Card [ 7 Easy ways]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to PayPal [Complete Guide]
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App [Complete Guide]
- How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From Square To Cash App [Complete Guide]
How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Apple Pay
Due to the fact that Apple Pay is not a bank account, this means that it is actually not possible to transfer money from Cash App to Apple Pay. Apple Pay is an electronic wallet that allows you to pay with credit or debit cards that are already linked to it.
You can link Cash App account to Apple Pay if and only if you have a Cash Card which is Cash app's free debit card. Linking your Cash card to Apple Pay is a simple process that can be completed using the Cash app or Apple Pay wallet on your iPhone or iPad.
There exist 2 methods that allows you to link you Cash smart card to Apple Pay - which is via Apple Wallet or through the Cash App.
Adding Cash App to Apple Pay Via Cash Card
- Open Cash App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select "Cash Card". Tap on your card image, then "Add to Apple Pay" from the options menu.
- Follow the instructions on your device's screen, then confirm that your card has been linked to Apple Pay on the last instruction. To indicate that you've finished the addition, click the "Done" button at the bottom of the page.
Adding Cash Card to Apple Pay Via Apple Wallet
- On your iDevice, open Apple Wallet.
- Click the add icon on the right-hand side of the page in the Wallet.
- Take a picture of your credit or debit card by clicking "Credit/Debit smart Card." If you don't have the card with you, you can manually enter the digits into the touchpad. Then, to finish the procedure, follow the prompts on your screen.
- Return to your Apple-Wallet landing page; the Cash-Card will be visible on the screen. You have the option of previewing the image of your card to check that it was successfully added.
How to Verify Cash App Card for Apple Pay?
Follow the below steps in order to verify cash app for Apple pay transactions
- On your device, Open cash app
- Click on the profile tab available on the top right corner
- You will have to scroll down and then tap on Personal tab that will appear in the drop down menu
- Then from here, you will be prompted to enter your personal details such as D.O.B, billing address and SSN.
- Save the changes and the proceed
- You will have to wait for 24 hours in order to get a confirmation of your verification
Once you have carried out this operation and your identity confirmed, and you have also gotten your card, you will have to now activate the card and then add the card to your Apple Pay as outlined in the steps above.
It is not possible to add a non activated card on Apple Pay so you have to activate the card manually before adding it to the next step.
Final Thought on How to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash APP
As seen previously, there is not yet a direct option that allows you to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App so you will just have to follow the steps as they have been outlined above.
You are able to make use of the money received from Apple cash on many websites and services that accept cash app and Visa card payments.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Transfer Money From Apple Pay to Cash App
Can You Transfer Funds from Cash App to Apple Pay?
You can not transfer money from Cash App to Apple Pay but you can transfer funds to Apple Pay by linking your Cash Application Card to Your Apple Pay.
How Long Does it Take to Transfer Money from the Cash App to Apple Pay?
Transferring money from Cash-App to Apple- pay takes a maximum duration of 30 mins. To check if your Cash-card is qualified to accept funds from Apple Cash, get in touch with the card commissioner.