Nowadays, Amazon is the world's largest retailer that has strived to provide its shoppers with the best shopping experience they might not be able to find anywhere else.
Amazon gift cards are one of the major contributors to this shopping experience since they are more like prepaid cards that offer customers more flexible ways to pay for their goods and services.
Amazon gift card can only be used on the Amazon store. This is quite bad news for partner retailers and shoppers looking to use the Amazon gift card for other transactions.
Well, even though not directly it is possible to transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal and then use the funds to carryout your essential transactions.
This article compiles the best ways to transfer money from Amazon gift card to PayPal without any hassle, so stay glued to this article and discover what it takes to make a successful transfer.
Table of Contents
What is an Amazon Gift Card?
Amazon Gift Card is prepaid Vouchers with Instant Discounts and Can be easily converted into Amazon Pay balance to shop over 10Cr+ Products.
Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and carry no fees. Multiple gift card designs and denominations to choose from. Redeemable towards millions of items store-wide at Amazon.com or certain affiliated websites. Available for immediate delivery. Gift cards sent by email can be scheduled up to a year in advance.
Can I Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to PayPal?
Yes, you are able to transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal, though not directly since both do not integrates.
You can make use of a few indirect methods that lets you transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal.
How to Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to PayPal
Transferring money from Amazon Gift Card to PayPal can be done in 3 ways, these include;
- Add the Amazon gift card to PayPal and use it for your purchases.
- Redeem the Amazon gift card to Amazon Pay and then transfer the balance to PayPal.
- Sell the Amazon gift card for PayPal.
Now, lets uncover the details involved in each method.
1. Add the Amazon Gift Card to PayPal Directly
Adding Amazon gift card to PayPal is one of the best ways via which you can transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal. Once you have added it to your PayPal wallet, you can now use it to pay for your PayPal transactions.
In order to add the Amazon gift card to PayPal:
- Go into your PayPal Wallet on your PC.
- Click "Link a debit or credit card".
- Tap "Link a card manually" if given the option to link manually or via a bank.
- Type in the Amazon gift card information.
- Tap "Link Card".
2. Redeem the Gift Card to Amazon Pay and Transfer to PayPal
As earlier said in this guide, the Amazon gift card is a gift card designed to be used for purchases on Amazon or partner merchants.
But, you can decide to redeem the Amazon gift card to your Amazon Pay account, transfer the money from Amazon Pay to your bank account, and then to your PayPal wallet.
The first thing you will have to do is to link a bank account to your Amazon Pay account.
Below are the steps to follow in order to do this:
- Move to the "Settings" tab, and then click "Account Info".
- Choose "Deposit Methods".
- Next, tap "Replace Deposit Method" (or simply click "Assign if there is no bank account previously linked).
- Choose an existing bank account or click "Use a new bank account".
Once you have linked the bank account to your Amazon Pay, you now have to redeem the Amazon gift card to your Amazon Pay account as follows:
- Move to the Amazon website.
- Click on the "Amazon Pay" link on the homepage.
- Click on the "Add Gift Card" link.
- Type in the gift card/voucher code and then click on "Add to your balance" button.
- Your gift card amount will be added to your Amazon Pay balance.
Now that you have already redeemed the Amazon gift card to your Amazon Pay account, you can transfer the money from Amazon Pay to your linked bank account as follows;
- Open the Amazon app.
- Move to the Amazon Pay section.
- Tap send money.
- Select the "to bank" option and enter the bank details.
- Tap the pay now button.
When the money is already in your bank account, it becomes easy for you to add it to your PayPal account.
In case you are not yet familiar with the process, below are the steps involved in adding money from bank account to PayPal:
- Login to your PayPal account and move to "Wallet".
- Tap "Transfer Money".
- Tap "Add Money to your balance".
- Choose your bank and then enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Tap "Add".
It will take some time for your funds to top up in your PayPal Wallet, but once it does, you can use them to fund your various transactions.
CHECK ALSO: How To Use a Visa Gift Card On Amazon
3. Sell the Amazon Gift Card for PayPal
Selling your Amazon gift card for PayPal is another amazing way to transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal.
In order to sell Amazon gift card for PayPal:
- The first thing you need to do is to search for a trustworthy gift card exchange platform.
- Sell your Amazon gift card.
- Request to get paid through PayPal and provide your PayPal payment details.
- Receive your Amazon gift card balance on your PayPal account.
How to Sell Amazon Gift Card for PayPal Instantly
The one way through which you can sell an Amazon gift card for PayPal is to use a gift card exchange platform.
One you have your chosen your suitable platform, you will list your gift card as an item for sale, and a buyer interested in the Amazon gift card will show up and purchase it.
Depending on you, there is a possibility for you to receive the funds in either your bank account or your PayPal account.
How to Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to Bank Account
Due to the fact that gift cards are more like virtual card and cannot be linked to a bank account, there is no way you can directly transfer their balances to a bank account..
However, you can make use of some indirect methods to transfer Amazon gift card balance to bank account.
How to Convert Amazon Gift Card to Cash
You can make use of a legit gift car exchange platform to convert an Amazon gift card to cash.
Two trustworthy options you can use here is Card Cash and Gift Card Granny, which are well known gift card exchange platforms.
Final Thoughts on How to Transfer Amazon Gift Card to PayPal
Amazon gift card is a prepaid card which you can use for purchases at Amazon and partner retailers.
In order to use Amazon gift card in a more convenient way, you can consider transferring the money to PayPal.
You cannot directly transfer money from Amazon gift card to PayPal but you can make use of some indirect methods as seen in this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
What app turns gift cards into cash?
Prepaid2Cash: Instantly turn your prepaid & gift cards into cash! Enjoy spending the money on your gift cards wherever you want.
Can I transfer a Visa gift card to PayPal?
Yes. Anywhere in the U.S. where PayPal is accepted you can use prepaid gift cards that have a Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, or Discover® logo on it.
How do I transfer my Amazon balance to PayPal?
Click Add Money, then click Balance Manager and choose your verified bank account. Select Add Money from Your Bank Account and enter the amount of money you want to withdraw. Click Continue to complete the transaction.
Can I transfer an Amazon gift card to PayPal?
Yes, you are able to transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal, though not directly since both do not integrates. You can make use of a few indirect methods that lets you transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal.