Contactless payments are fast taking an important role in many people's lives since they are widely accepted by many stores (including restaurants, gas stations, etc). Apple Pay nowadays is one of the most used contactless payment method and it is accepted by many stores due to its convenience. But what Gas stations take Apple Pay 2023?
Apple Pay is a contactless payment method that works with Apple's iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Macs.
More to that, Apple Pay is more secured than credit cards and cash because it does not share any financial information with merchants, so they do not have any idea of who you are or what card number you have.
Though many gas stations accept Apple Pay, some only accept it at the pump, while others accept it for other purchases made inside.
Regardless of where you are paying (at the pump or inside), Apple Pay offers convenience by letting you pay for your items without hassle.
In a similar way your favorite restaurants take Apple Pay, many gas stations accept Apple Pay as a payment method. So if you have been seeking to know if gas stations take Apple Pay, then you might be astonished to know that the gas station near you takes Apple Pay.
Want to know the full list of gas stations that take Apple Pay? then stay glued to this article as it will will listed below.
Table of Contents
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service developed by Apple Inc. that allows users to pay in person, through iOS apps, and on the web using safari.
It is operational on iPhones, Apple Watches, iPads and Macs.
You will not see Apple Pay available on any other device that is not an Apple product - which means that you cannot use on your Android device or any other browser that runs on Windows.
At a contactless-capable point-of-sale terminal, it digitalizes and can replace a credit or debit card chip and PIN transaction.
It can be used with merchant that supports contactless payment and does not require Apple Pay-specific contactless payment terminals. Touch ID, passcode or PIN are all options for two factor authentication.
Devices wirelessly communicate with point of sale systems using near field communication (NFC), with an embedded secure element (eSE) to securely store payment data and perform cryptographic functions, and Apple's Touch ID and Face ID for biometric authentication.
Apple Pay has been available since 20th October 2014 and it is designed to allow iPhone 6, 6s, 6, 7, 8, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus, SE, X, XS, XS MAX, XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, and iPhone 13 users in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, Canada, Hong-Kong, Switzerland, France, Russia, China, Macau, Japan, New Zealand, Spain, UAE, Ukraine, Brazil, Norway, Germany, Taiwan, Finland, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Iceland, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Bulgaria, South Africa, Croatia, Georgia, Cyprus, Estonia, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Belarus, Serbia, Mexico, Israel, Qatar, Palestine, Belarus, Chile, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Costa Rica, Colombia, Argentina, Moldova and Peru to make payments for goods and services with their iPhones in retail stores using and NFC chip built into their iPhone.
How Does Apple Pay Works?
Apple Pay lets its customers to make one-tap purchases in apps that have implemented the Apple Pay API, and it is available on the web on iOS 10 or macOS Sierra or later devices.
As from iPhone 6 and above, iPad Air 2 and above, iPad mini 3 and above, iPad Pro models and Macs with Touch ID are all able of making use of Apple Pay within iOS apps or on the web.
On all of these devices, you will find Touch ID or Face ID, as well as NFC controller that houses Apple Pay's "Secure element" which keeps users information secret.
Apple featured person-to-person Apple Pay payments over the iPhone and Apple Watch's Messages app in the year 2017. Transferring money to friends and relatives in the United States with Apple Cash is possible.
In August, Apple launched its own credit card, the Apple card, which comes with its own set of qualities and bonuses and is fully integrated with Apple Pay and the Wallet app.
Since the launching of iPhone X and later iPhones, Apple Pay has undergone a significant transformation, with Face ID face recognition replacing Touch ID fingerprint authentication.
Payments on the new device are confirmed by using facial scans instead of the fingerprint scans.
In order to keep transactions secured by prevent actual credit card details from being transferred over the air, Apple Pay makes use of a technology known as "tokenization".
Apple also makes use of Touch ID or Face ID on compatible iPhones to safeguard purchases, as well as continuous skin contact on the Apple Watch.
Apple has overtaken Starbucks as the most popular mobile payment platform in the United States and by 2025, it is expected to account for 10% of the global card transaction.
ALSO READ: How to Add Money to Apple Pay Without Debit Card.
Do Gas Stations Take Apple Pay?
Yes, there are many gas stations that accept Apple Pay. It is a fast, simple and secured way to pay for fuel at your local gas station. In case you forget your cash or may be your phone gas ran out of battery, you can even make use of your Apple Watch to buy gas.
Do Gas Pumps Take Apple Pay?
Yes, some gas pumps at Stations support Apple Pay as a payment method. This means you can make use of Apple Pay at any gas pump that takes Apple Pay as a payment method.
Below, you will see a list of gas stations and pumps that take Apple Pay so that you will be able to use Apple Pay with ease the next time you want to buy gas.
What Gas Stations Take Apple Pay?
There are several Gas stations that take Apple Pay and surely your favorite gas stations also features among these gas stations.
Below is a table of gas stations that accept Apple Pay with locations where you can pay for your fuel using your Apple Pay.
|Gas Stations||Takes Apple Pay||Availability|
|7-Eleven||Yes||Most Locations. In-store only.|
|ARCO||Yes||All Locations in-store or at the pump.|
|BP/Amoco||Yes||All Locations in-store or at the pump.|
|Casey's General Store||Yes||All Locations in-store.|
|Chevron||Yes||All Locations in-store or at the pump.|
|CITGO||Yes||Selected Locations in-store or at the pump.|
|Circle K||Yes||Most Locations. In-store and at a Pump.|
|Conoco||Yes||Selected Locations. In-store and at a Pump.|
|Costco||Yes||Accepts a Visa cad that is linked to Apple Pay.|
|Cumberland Farms||Yes||All Locations. In-store Only.|
|Delta Sonic||Yes||Most Locations. In-store Only.|
|ExxonMobil||Yes||Most Locations. In-store and at a Pump.|
|Family Express||Yes||Only accepts Apple Pay inside.|
|Kum & Go||Yes||Most Locations. In-store and at the Pump.|
|Kwik Fill/Red Apple||Yes||Most Locations. Use of Apple Pay at the Pump varies by location.|
|Kwik Trip/Kwik Star||Yes||Most Locations. Use of Apple Pay at the Pump varies by location.|
|Love's||Yes||Accepts Apple Pay at convenient stores.|
|Marathon||Yes||Selected Locations. In-store and at the Pump.|
|Maverik||Yes||Accepts Apple Pay linked with your Adventure club cad.|
|Meijer||Yes||Most Locations. Use of Apple Pay at the Pump varies by location.|
|Phillips 66||Yes||Most Locations. Use of Apple Pay at the Pump varies by location.|
|QuickTrip||Yes||Most Locations. Use of Apple Pay at the Pump varies by location.|
|RaceTac||Yes||All Locations in-store or at the pump.|
|RaceWay||Yes||All areas that take Apple Pay for gas.|
|Shell||Yes||Most Locations. In-store and at the Pump.|
|Sheetz||Yes||Most Locations. In-store and at the Pump.|
|SpeedWay||Yes||All Locations. Use of Apple Pay at the Pump varies by location.|
|Sunoco||Yes||Most Locations. In-store and at the Pump.|
|Texaco||Yes||All Locations in-store or at the pump.|
|Travel Centers of America (TA)||Yes||Only accepts the update version of the Apple Pay.|
|Valero||Yes||Most Locations. Use of Apple Pay at the Pump varies by location.|
|Wawa||Yes||All Locations in-store or at the pump.|
Full List of Gas Stations That Take Apple Pay
- 7-Eleven - Accepts Apple Wallet in-store only.
- ARCO - Link your debit card to your mobile wallet in order to make payment.
- BP/Amoco - The BPme app is required on your mobile device at the pump or in-store with the wallet app.
- Casey's General Stores - Recently added iOS support for Apple Pay.
- Chevron - Takes Apple Pay at all locations.
- Circle K - Apple Pay is only made available at specific locations.
- CITGO - Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Conoco - Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Cumberland Farms - Takes Apple Pay at all locations.
- Dekta Sonic 0 Takes Apple Pay at specific locations.
- Exxon Mobil - Requires the use of Rewards+ app. Accepts Apple Pay at most locations.
- Family Express - Only Accepts Apple Pay contactless payments inside the convenient store.
- Kum & Go - Pay using iPhone app.
- Kwik Fill/Red Apple - Apple app is accepted at selected gas stations.
- Kwik Trip/Kwik Star - Apple Pay is accepted at specific locations.
- Love's - It is a gas station that takes Apple inside the Convenient store.
- Marathon - Accepts Apple Pay at select locations.
- Maverik - It accepts Apple Pay linked to your adventure club card.
- Meijer - Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Phillips 66 - Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- QuickTrip - Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- RaceTac - Accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- Shell - Accepts Apple Pay at Specific Locations.
- Raceway - Accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- Sheetz - Accepts Apple Pay at specific locations.
- Speedway - Accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- Sunoco - Accepts Apple Pay at specific locations.
- Texaco - Most stations take it, except for a few in the midwest.
- TravelCenters of America (TA) - Accepts an updated version of Apple Pay.
- Valero - Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Wawa - using the wawa app or pay with Apple in the convenience store.
- Does TJ Maxx Take Apple Pay? - How to Use Apple Pay At TJ Maxx
- Does McDonald’s Take Apple Pay? - How to Use Apple Pay At McDonald's
- Does KFC Take Apple Pay? - How to Use Apple Pay At KFC
- How to Get Free Money on PayPal Instantly [15 Legit Ways]
- Where Can I Load My Chime Card For Free?
- How to Borrow Money from Chime [Complete Guide]
- How to Borrow Money from PayPal [Best PayPal Loan Options]
- How to Borrow Money From Venmo [Complete Venmo Loan Guide]
- How To Get Money Back From Venmo If Scammed
- Can You Get Scammed on Cash App Sugar Daddy?
Gas Stations that Take Apple Pay Near Me
Now that you already know the gas stations that take Apple Pay, it should no longer be taboo for you to find gas stations that take Apple near you.
You can make use of Apple Maps to find gas stations that take Apple Pay near you.
How to Find Gas Stations that Take Apple Pay Near Me Using iPhone and iPad
- You have to open the Maps app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod, touch and type in your actual address or search for the gas station in any location of your choice that you wish to visit.
- You can swipe down when you have found a place at the bottom of the page for more information.
- Now scroll down until you come across the option "Useful to Know". You will see the phrase "Accept Apple Pay" if it is a gas station that takes Apple Pay as a payment method.
How to Find a Gas Station that Takes Apple Pay Near Me Using Mac
- Open the map and then locate a place you want to check.
- Press the icon (i) at the bottom of the page, and you will see information about location.
- Scroll down until you come across the option "Useful To Know".
- You will see "Accept Apple Pay" is the gas station uses Apple contactless bill paying.
How to Use Apple Pay At Gas Stations
You are able to use Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch at any gas station that accepts it.
Below are the steps involved in using Apple Pay at gas stations that support it as payment method.
- Make sure that your local gas station take Apple Pay as a payment method. You can use Apple Maps to find gas stations that take Apple Pay.
- Open the wallet app on your iOS device.
- tap the side button twice.
- Verify your identity using your Face ID or Touch ID.
- Place your device near the contactless payment icon.
- As soon as you see the green checkmark and "Done", it means that your transaction is completed.
Does Shell Take Apple Pay?
Yes, most shell Gas stations accept Apple Pay as payment method. By making use of the shell app on a mobile device, users with Apple Pay, Android Pay, or PayPal can pay at the pump. You are able to download the shell app from the Apple App Store.
Does Chevron Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Chevron does take Apple Pay as a payment method. In fact, Chevron actually features among the gas stations that accepts Apple Pay at all its locations.
Does Exxon Mobil Gas Station Accept Apple Pay?
Yes, Apple Pay is accepted at Exxon Mobil gas stations. You may pay for gas with your iPhone or Apple Watch by simply placing your Apple device next to the contactless reader and wait for a beep and vibration.
Shell gas pump says "Hey Alexa, Pay for gas". Accepting Alexa enabled devices. It will then charge your Amazon Pay account after you validate the pump number.
Does Racetrac Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Racetrac takes Apple Pay as a payment method. You are able to use Apple Pay to pay for your gas at all Racetrac locations.
Does ARCO Take Apple Pay?
Yes, but before being able to use Apple Pay at ARCO, you will have to link your debit car to your mobile wallet.
Does Circle K Take Apple Pay?
Yes though not at all its locations. This means that you can only make use of Apple Pay at some specific locations.
Does Costco Take Apple Pay at the Pump?
Yes, Apple Pay is accepted at Costco gas stations, but only with a Visa card in your wallet app. If the pump has an NFC reader linked to your Visa debit or credit card in your wallet, a costco gas station will accept your Apple Pay payment.
OR, for contactless processing, you can insert your credit card or debit card with an EMV smart chip near the NFC reader.
Most Costco pumps have been upgraded as of the year 2021, but not all locations have updated contactless payment technology.
Why Is Apple Pay Not Working At the Gas Station?
One of the most common reason why your Apple Pay is not working is a low battery charge on your iPhone or the store's refusal to accept Apple Pay.
When you do nit have cash on you, Apple Pay not working can be really inconvenient. It is possible that Apple's Pay servers might be down, or that a malfunctioning digital payment terminal or issues with a specific credit or debt card are to blame.
Another reason why Apple Pay is not working at a gas station is if your wallet app is frozen. You can do the following in order to unfreeze your wallet app.
For close the app.
Log out f your Apple ID account.
Restart your device.
Re-enter your Apple ID Passwod.
Final Thoughts on What Gas Stations Take Apple Pay
Contactless payments are fast taking an important role in many people's lives since they are widely accepted by many stores (including restaurants, gas stations, etc). Apple Pay nowadays is one of the most used contactless payment method and it is accepted by many stores due to its convenience. But what Gas stations take Apple Pay 2022?
Apple Pay is a contactless payment method that works with Apple's iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Macs.
Above in this guide, I have outlined the various gas stations that accept Apple Pay, hope you find it helpful.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use Apple Pay at the pump?
To use Apple Pay at a gas station, the pump will have the Apple pay icons visible indicating it is available for use. To pay at the pump, double-click the side button and either enter your passcode or use Face ID to authenticate.
How do I know if a gas station has Apple Pay?
Apple also makes it easy to determine which gas stations accept its contactless payment method. To do this, you can open Apple Maps, search “gas stations near me,” and then choose a station. Then, you can click “useful to know.”.
Can you pay for gas with Apple Pay inside?
You can now use Apple Pay instead of cash, debit card, or credit card to pay for gas at your favorite station. However, some gas stations allow Apple Pay at the pump only while others are at the cashier.
Can I use Apple Pay at restaurants?
With your Apple Cash, credit, and debit cards stored in the Wallet app on iPhone, you can use Apple Pay for secure, contactless payments in stores, restaurants, and more.
Post a Comment