Today's banking system is fast growing, with debit and credit cards growing quite a lot in popularity. Of course no one likes to walk around or pay with cash anymore as they now prefer the convenience of a debit card or a payment app that does not occupy a lot of space in the wallet. This is exactly the point at which the cash App card intervenes.
It is necessary to know that before you can make use of the Cash App card, you will first of all have to activate it once you receive it.
Want to know how to activate a Cash App Card? then stay glued to this article as I will show you how to do so in a few steps.
Table of Contents
What is a Cash App Card?
A Cash App Card is actually a debit card offered by cash app to its users and the card is directly linked to your Cash App balance. The card itself is issued by Sutton Bank, and it does not depend on other accounts in order to function. Cash App users can make use of the card anywhere Visa is accepted, even stores and online shops.
Since the Cash App card is mainly a prepaid debit card, this means that it is not connected to any of your other bank accounts.
Several individuals make use of Cash App in order to buy bitcoins and this actually makes it a good choice for investments. As soon as they want to make a withdrawal, they can make use of the Cash App card to make a payment to any other account that they want.
Can I Activate My Cash App Card on My Phone?
Yes you are able to activate your cash App card on your phone and you can do this by using the QR code you receive with the card itself or you may use the card information to proceed.
- Complete Guide on How to Set Up A Cash App Account
- How to Transfer Money From Walmart Money Card to Cash App
- How To Send Money From Cash App to PayPal [Complete Guide]
- How To Transfer Money From PayPal To Cash App [Easiest Methods]
- How To Transfer Money From Credit Card To Cash App
- How To Send Money On Cash App Without Debit Card
- How to Get Money Off Cash App Without Bank Account
- How to transfer Money From Cash App to Bank Account
- How to transfer Money from Prepaid Card to Cash App [Easiest Method]
- How to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App [Complete Procedure]
How to Activate a Cash App Card
Activating your Cash App card is a quite easy and straight forward process. There are 2 ways through which you can activate your card: on the phone or on your computer depending on the one that suits you best.
How to Activate a Cash App Card on Your Phone
If you choose to activate the Cash App card on your phone, then you can make use of the QR code that you receive with the card itself or you can use the card information instead.
The most used method between these 2 is the QR method, since it is and automated process and does not need access to a cash card. Using the QR method will quickly help you activate your card without any hassle and in a matter of seconds too.
Below are the steps involved in activating your Cash App card using the QR Code:
- Move to your Cash App phone Application.
- Tap on the Cash card icon that you see at the left corner of the of the home screen.
- Click on Activate Cash card that will appear on the drop menu.
- Next, Cash App will need your permission so as to be able to access the camera of your phone, so you will have to grant permission to the app since it is essential in scanning the QR code.
- Once it is done, focus your camera on the QR code you were given and then scan it.
- As soon as you have successfully scanned the QR code, your card should be ready for use.
Remember that this choice only functions on your phone. On the phone app, you can use both the QR code and the card data, but computers usually do not have a QR code scanning feature. As a result, you can only utilize the QR code specifically on a phone if you wish to.
In case you do not have access to your QR code but you still want to use your phone to activate the Cash App card then you can do it using the card's information - which means the details that you see printed on both sides of your card.
Below are steps to follow in order to activate your Cash App card with your card details:
- Move to the Cash App application on your phone.
- Tap on the Cash card icon and then select "Activate Cash". A drop down menu will appear immediately after you make the selection.
- From the drop down menu you see, you will have to click on "Missing QR Code". By doing this, you will be sent to the next section of the card activation process.
- In order to proceed without your QR code, you will have to tap on use CVV instead.
- Enter the card details as they are required. This includes name, expiration date, CVV, and other pieces of information.
As soon as you add all the information and then select "Activate Card", the process will be successful and from here now your Cash App card is ready to be used.
How to Temporarily Lock Your Cash App Card
Some times, you think you will not be in need of your Cash App card for a while, you can decide to lock the Cash App card for that time that you will not be needing it or may be you might simply want to lock your cash App card for some security reasons.
You can follow the steps below in order to temporarily lock your Cash App card:
- Tapping the Cash Card tab on your Cash App home screen
- Toggling ”Lock Card”
Any time that you will want to unlock your card, you can follow the same process.
How to Report a Lost a Stolen Card
If your card was stolen, or it simply got missing, then you can follow the steps below to order a new one.
- Open the app
- Tap the Cash Card tab
- Choose “Cash Card Support”
- Choose “Report your Cash Card”
- Select “Card Stolen/Compromised” or “Card Missing”
- Follow the prompts.
What Are the Limits on a Cash Card?
If you will be making use of your Cash App card regularly, then it is necessary that you know the transaction limit of the card.
Transaction limit for Cash Card is $7,000 per transaction. Then there’s also the $7,000 per day limit as well as the $15,000 per month limit. Frankly, these limits shouldn’t be a problem for the vast majority of Cash App users, if not all of them!
However, you should be aware of the fact that these limits include all Cash Card transactions as seen below:
- ATM withdrawals
- Any successful transaction
- Any declined transaction.
Final Thoughts on How to Activate a Cash App Card
The debit card linked to Cash Software is quite practical and the app itself is really easy to use. You should be able to activate the account and start using the Cash App card in just a few minutes. It then behaves like a typical debit card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Activate My Cash App Card Before It Arrives?
You can activate a card in one of two methods, as we just mentioned. Either the information stated on the card or the QR code that is included with the card are required. It goes without saying that you will need the card in both situations, so activating it before it comes is not an option.
Where Is the QR Code on my Cash App Card?
The QR code may be found printed on the document that comes alongside your card. You should keep the document. Even after activating it, you may not know when you’ll need it again..
Can I activate my Cash App card over the phone?
Can I activate my Cash App card over the phone? There is also no phone or SMS service that you may use in order to activate the card. If you are in a bind, then you might want to contact the customer support of Cash App, as they might be able to help you out.
Does Cash App card need to be activated?
Yes you must activate your Cash App card before it can be ready for use.